Sunday, July 18, 2010

Trip to Washington

The Davenport family reunion is held bi-annually over the fourth of July weekend. This year it was held in Seattle, so that meant a trip up to Washington with the little man. Traveling alone with a one-year-old on an airplane is a little tougher than you might think. I did manage to survive somehow.

We rented a car at the Sea-Tac airport and stayed with my in-laws. They have a nice place in the north of Poulsbo. Western WA is much nicer this time of year than 29 Palms, I have to say. When we left it was 110, when we landed it was about 65! Such a relief!

The family picnic was great. Elijah was a great hit and it was really nice to see folks I haven't seen in a really long time.

The next day we went on the Seattle Duck Boat tour. Our driver was really funny, we got crazy quacker whistles, and Elijah fell asleep halfway through the tour while we were floating around the lake.



While we were there Elijah and his grandpa Davenport went for walks in their yard every day.



Elijah got to see his first ever fireworks show. (We didn't see one last year)



Grandpa Davenport took Elijah "fishing" for the first time. Really it was more just a boat ride. But it was really cute.
We visited my mom and stepfather and went to the Point Defiance zoo. I don't have any pictures of that, my mom was the camera wielder there. We also went shopping and Elijah got to ride in one of those car-shaped strollers for the first time. He loved it!
When we got home Alice kitty gave us a very warm welcome. She didn't even mind it when Elijah body-slammed her. She's purring like crazy and kneading her paws in this picture:

2 comments:

  1. Forks Forks!! I want to hear all about Forks etc!!! :) I LOVED LOVED LOVED your pics!!! I was going to see if you would tag me in them on FB so I could share them with my other TwiHards! :) heehee

    Looks like Elijah had a great time! I've never been to WA, but I think I need to go! It's so pretty there, in pics! Plus, I can hang with 65^ in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to write a whole blog entry just for the Forks trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete