Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Walking Boy!

I'm sure most of you have already heard by now. Elijah has decided to start walking! I was a little shocked at how quickly it happened. One day he was cruising along and would take one or two steps. The next day he would take five or six steps before plopping down on his tushie. The day after that he was walking across the room! Is it really supposed to happen so fast? He still doesn't know how to pick himself up off of the floor when he falls. He crawls to the nearest object  to pull up to a stand.
 


Some update on toilet training the cat, too. We had a little backsliding, I believe I mentioned this in a previous post, but when I took her in for surgery and she came back all nauseated and loopy she had an accident in her cat bed which was on the carpet. The cat bed was not waterproof and I think some of the scent must have lingered in that spot. Since then she has periodically gone there instead of in the toilet. I deodorized the carpet and have a squirt bottle at the ready. But this morning when she started sniffing that spot and got "The Look" from me she ran off (knowing that a squirt was on the way) but didn't go to the toilet. She went to the baby's room! I gave her a proper scolding when I saw what she was doing. But that convinced me that it was time to take a few steps back in the training process. She was going in the toilet before, but with a thin training device that had some kitty litter around the edge. I'm adding more to that so the toilet is more like a litter box with a small hole in the center open to the water. Now I'll gradually make that hole bigger. Much slower than last time. Maybe I'll wait a week between each change to be positive she's accepting it. Pottying anywhere else is not acceptable.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment